Thursday, November 18, 2004

The Thing That Shall Not Be Talked About

Well, it's over, so I guess I can talk about it. Today we had a half day of prayer and the focus was on the persecuted church. So, the drama troupe, of which I am a part of, decided to take the chapel hostage. I never really realized how it would be, but it definitly left me unsettled. The people in the chapel didn't really take us seriously which was to be expected, but some people allowed themselves to be affected, which was nice. There was so much commotion and other words that I can't vocalize right now. I'm glad I did it, because now I know more about the boundaries that I as an actor will have at this point in my life. If someone came up to me tomorrow and said, "hey, I heard you did a terrorist piece, would you do it for me?" I would decline. I'm not ready for it, and I don't know if I'll ever be.
P.S. I think that if the school took what we did more serious[ly?], that girl would not raise her hand to be killed after seeing us "shoot" one of our troupe members.