Monday, January 10, 2005

4.0

Well, Scott, you're right. I have had nothing really exciting to write about. Until today and my first 4.0 GPA. Now before I get a really good party with a banner that says, "Happy 4.0 Kim!", I must tell you readers, that I have only been graded on one class so far. The other classes are labelled "IP" or, "In Progress", and since Cindy does not give out "A's" unless you're a total recluse for years and years, doing only drama and willing to imagine everyone you love as dead. I'm honestly not that willing to do so, so I will savour my 4.0 as long as I can.
Well school started today, and I had my first frustration of the semester with my program. Gosh, it's sad when all it takes is 10 minutes. I was slated to take a course called Vocal Production and Play Analysis. 2 separate courses, with only 2 credit hours. That's bad enough. But add in a Theatre History class to the mix (which I've already taken) and we get, 3 different classes with heavy workloads, and I'm only getting 2 credit hours for it. Oh, and that means I have to take the class 4 times a week. Oh, and I was not told about any of this. Super! My mom has also advised me, and I have talked to myself about this to, about going to the academic dean, and getting some assurance that my program will continue until I graduate. People are fickle, and I have no intention of being screwed, especially since I gave up so much to come here and get this degree. That's my rant for this evening.
I made a bookshelf yesterday, and I had to use a hammer...no big deal I can handle it. I'm not used to the motion, and today I realized that my elbow hurt. The same elbow I have repeated strain in (fancy for tennis elbow). It seems that the hammering has aggravated my old icecream injury. Heh, sounds kind of lame, but let me tell you, that ice cream I had to scoop all those years ago was really hard, and I worked with a bunch of girly girls and at the first sign of hard icecream, melted like...well, icecream in the sun. Well, I don't know how exciting all this is, but it's better than nothing, and if nothing else, will cure boredom for the 15 seconds it takes to read this.