Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Just Call Me Mrs. Lumphead

To start this off with a good note, I was finally able to play hockey. It had been a year, and it was probably one of the best times I've had in many many days. And of course, what isn't hockey without an injury or two. I must explain, that I'm not very good at the stopping, something I'm well aware I need to work on. Needless to say, I fell, and hurt my bum (seriously think I pulled something) and somehow managed to get my stick to smack me on my head. What's worse than that is that I cried in front of 3 strange boys. I now have a gloriously large goose egg on my head, but thankfully nothing wrong with my brain, and their was no cuts; I really lucked out.
Moving on, as I was visiting Drews blog, I read an article he had as a link. It was a journalist from GQ's take on Creation (the music festival), faith, and it had a little bit about folks from West Virginia who I really want to meet someday. If you have time, I really recommend you read it. http://andymack.blogspot.com/ A comment this man put down really made me wonder about this generation of Christians.

"And among the Jesusy, there's plenty who are super f'd up. He preferred it that way, evidently."

Called to mind are people that I know, some go to Rocky, some don't, but it seems their attitude is the more jaded they are, the more "f'd" up they are, the better the Christian. I'm sorry, but because you're ok with smoking pot, because it makes you get a better rapport with the heathens, then you need to do some thinking. I realize that some people may be reading this, and thinking "oh the hypocrisy" and I'm sure you're right, but that doesn't mean I'm satisfied with that hypocrisy and it doesn't stop me from changing how I am.

I'm going to get off my imaginary soapbox right now, and I hope that you all will still say hi to me the day after reading this.

Disclaimer: The grammar in this blog is extremely bad, but I got hit in the head.