Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Digital

I don't know what to do.

Ever since I started working at FHC, I've been treated poorly by a fellow employee. At first, during the summer, it was so bad, because our shifts did not line up. But once September hit, I was working with this employee all day, being subjected by their snide, underhanded comments - not just about me, but about everyone else working there - without being able to do anything about it. It progressed and has been making me physically sick. It is such a struggle to work a shift with this person without being able to say something; I can't say anything because it'll do no good, and it will cause more problems. I'm sure you all know people like that. Ever since I've given my notice, it has become worse, so much to the extent that I'm throwing up etc. I called in sick today and was feeling a lot better, but I got a call from work and it made all those throw-up feelings return. I want to say something to the manager, but, the two seem to have the kind of relationship that anything I say will be repeated back to this person, and it wouldn't be addressed properly.
I have an interview on the 17th, and I'm worried my manager will say I'm flighty, and I gave up my last week of work because she doesn't know what's going on.
I don't understand how people can be so rude to people, making other's lives miserable. This person seems to thrive on that knowledge.
Should I tell my manager about this co-worker, or just leave it?