Monday, May 30, 2005

Let no man tear asunder

So Richard is married. As is a good chunk of my friends from EBC. And if they're not married, they're engaged or in serious relationships. I'm so jealous! I don't want to go back to Calgary so soon. There's nothing really for me there except the curtain of 40,000+ dollar debt. Of course there's the friendships, but I need more. And of course, what's the point of friendship when only one person is doing all the work. I need something in my life to make it worth while. I have so many friends here that want me to stay because they miss me, and there's a million reasons to stay. I can move in with my friends so she doesn't have to stay at her crappy place with crappy people; these people really are my friends, whom I can really truly talk to and I don't have to worry about being second, third, or fifth wheel. Plus, in Ontario, I wouldn't have to always hear about the bitching and moanings about how Alberta doesn't have a voice in Canadian politics. That is quickly becoming one of my biggest pet peeves.
Well, I'm off, but before I go, I must comment on something else. Tonight I was watching Family Guy, and it was their Christmas episode. Something "off-colour" was said and a man in the cartoon audience said, "that's blasphemic! We've got to do something about it", and the guy he was with said, "there's nothing you can do", and the first guy says, "you're right. I guess I can develop a sense of humour".
So there