Friday, September 23, 2005

They Called the Rising Sun



So I have a little bit of time, so I'll tell you about Kelowna.
After flying there on the smallest plane ever(!) we were met at the airport by Craig and Doug. Craig drove Joya and I to the hotel, and we discovered that we were playing an 18 round of golf, and we couldn't wear jeans on the course. Joya and I checked in, and Ann-Margaret drove us to the mall so we can pick up some appropriate pants. We got back to the hotel, ran upstairs, put on our pants, had a 10 minute brunch, met everyone in the lobby, and drove to the golf resort. Gallagher's Canyon Golf Resort. We drove our carts to the driving range, shot some balls, and since Joya and I had the first tee off, we went back to the first hole. Our partners were Sheldon and Ed. Ed's hardcore, Sheldon got drunk, and Joya and I just had fun! For awhile, all Joya and I could do was one drive, then go to where Ed's drive went so we didn't take too much time. But we got so far ahead that Joya and I were actually able to do the full course and holes and stuff. We got so good that by the end we were making it to the green in at least 4 shots. The beer chick came around a lot. Apparently she had more things than alcohol in her cart, but I was not aware of that. My hole in one shot made it a foot and a half. That's pretty darn good no? hehe. We got back to the hotel, had enough time to shower and pretty up, then we had to head to the hotel restaurant for a 6 course meal! My main course was prime rib. Awesome! Then there were presentations. I got 3 drivers, a pepsi/nike golf bag, a pepsi golf umbrella, Okanogan Merlot, a pepsi blanket, a co-op gift basket and a pepsi gift bag. Joya got a pepsi gift bag, Okanogan Merlot, a pepsi blanket and a game set. Then we went to the El Dorado lounge that was on the Okanogan. Because Joya and myself were so tired, we were the first to leave. End of day. Sunday we woke up and had our breakfast, then we had to shower and pack and be out of our room by 12. Andrew the shuttle guy drove us to the mall where we shopped and got bored. We then walked to an outlet mall where we shopped and got bored. Andrew the shuttle guy picked us up at the outlet mall and took us to the McDonald's drivethru. We fell asleep in the hotel lobby, and then we went to the airport. I couldn't find my golf stuff (neither could James, one of the other winners) so we trekked around Calgary airport to find it, and find it we did, in the oversize luggage thingie. And I went home.

So all in all, a non-stop weekend with all expenses paid. SO MUCH FUN!!!!