Sunday, April 24, 2005

Hey! You forgot your fish!

Boy, is my face red. After moaning and complaining about how bad this year has been, I realize, it's been great. A time of growth and learning about others and yourself, and figuring out that it has been a time of learning and growth.
Case no. 1 I remember a discussion we had in one of my theatre classes about swears. Now, I don't know what I was trying to prove, or who I was going to be, but I was obnoxiously saying that they only swears are taking the Lord's name in vain. If that were the case, I wouldn't not swear in front of my folks or people who saw me as the 'sweet little child'. I had to rethink a lot. That doesn't me I don't swear. Old habits die hard, but it does mean I'm conciously trying to tame my tongue.
Case no. 2 In the beginning of the year, I really disliked someone. I would come home and harp to anyone who would listen to me about why I didn't like him, and to be honest, some of the reasons were justified. He actually hated me, or couldn't stand me. And then, somewhere along the line we became friends, and I can really share with him; have honest conversations. And to think, if I hadn't grown up, or changed my way of thinking, I would have really missed out. I"m really looking forward to hanging out with him in the summer too. (methinks this may be a friend that fell from the sky!)

On a quick sidenote, Alida and I watched The Interpretor tonight, and it was smashing! I really do recommend it.

Oh, sidenote #2 Donna and I got our pictures taken with some storm troopers, Boba Fett, and Darth Vader...I'm in!

Ciao