Saturday, July 02, 2005

Augustus Was Very Considerate

Ha, the other night, I dreamt about Nikita Khrushchev! How funny is that?! For some reason he wanted to marry someone. Not himself being joined in holy wedlock, but to be the marrier. So...it was my task to find the marryees. [Is that a word? Meh, if Shakespeare can make them up, so can Kimspeare]. So I'm feeling a lot better wormhole wise knowing that I know there is light at the end of the tunnel. I promised my mom to give it a month, but I honestly feel like for now, I'm no longer needed there. It's a good feeling. Today I worked, (of course!), and it was the first stat that I didn't work with Lorraine, and I missed her. When I was vaccuuming, I thought of calling her, but we got busy. I was at the counter cleaning up when Lorraine came wheeling up in her chair (She just had foot surgery)! I was so happy to see her. We have a lot of the same views of how the company is going and the like, and I missed working Sundays and stats with her. Plus she bought me an iced cap. She said to me, it's a stat, and I KNOW you were going to have to work it, so I brought you something to make it better. And it totally did! It's funny the little pick-me-ups we need. Wow, long post, and I'm STILL not done. I had a good day...actually good three days all things considered. I went out THREE nights in a row. That is a record to be sure. I went to Quest on Wednesday. The guest speaker was Blaine MacDonald [sp?] who is the guy from the Badlands Passion play. I told myself that I was going to go out there and see it, and sometime in my life I was going to participate in it. Thursday, I was mentioning it to Kristin, and she said, "I'm going to see that on the 17th." I said, "I have the 17th off. Can I come?" She replied, "yes". This is exciting for two reasons. The first one being I can see the play obviously. The second one being it will be the 5th time I've been out of Calgary since I've been here, and I've never been to Drumheller nor the badlands! So exciting. Scott: maybe I'll dig you up a dinosaur bone. You want?
Tonight: I went rollerblading down in the SE. No offense to any of you living there, but it kind of smelled. Maybe you think the NW smells when you come up here. I'm cool with that. So fun! I haven't bladed in a year, and that was a 10 minute thing. Definitly different that ice skating, but I still did well. I actually lapped people! I've never been able to boast that before! (I was lapped as well by others...no biggie). The people on Project are so nice to me, it's definitly what I need this summer. This guy (no idea of the name and you will understand why in a moment). He skated (yes roller skates were used as well) by me and introduced himself to me, and stuck out his hand, obviously expecting a hand shake. I needed to speed up a bit to give him a proper one, but my foot hit the back of his skate, and I almost fell. True to my nature I flailed, trying to find someone to take down with me, when I hit Lisa in an inopportune place and managed to stay afloat. So funny though. Then, when I was done blading (I was getting a pretty wicked blister on my toe - I've had my skates for nigh on 6 years and I still haven't broken them in!) I sat in a both and sipped my lemonade, quite content with watching everyone. All of a sudden there was a slew of people surrounding me and talking with me. It was so exciting to get to know new people (a lot of them from Ontario as well), and one of them sort of knows Matt Mackay. Small world! A couple of the girls and I went to Wendy's where there was a loud drunk girl who was saying some very scandalous things - if you're going to get drunk, why go out in public and bother people? Anyway, all in all a great night, one I wish to repeat (well maybe with another activity though!)

Ciao