Monday, July 11, 2005

Children of the Land

What a horrible night. I worked as per usual...only 4 more days till a day off! (my last day off was Tuesday) Jenna left around 7:15, and I was able to get the mirrors done, and then all of a sudden I was so busy. At 8:30 or so, all my fitting rooms were full, and I had a heap of drags (mostly from one person). When this specific person came to buy her 1 item. 1 out of 25 I would say, she was upset that the jacket wasn't half off the mark down price. You see, we only have 2 racks that say, 50% off of lowest marked price, and I even reiterated it for her so there would be no confusion. She became irate and explained to me as if I had a lower IQ than Forrest Gump, that since it says 'all' it should include every sale item. I told her that we only have that sign on those two racks, and the other sale items have a generic sale tag on the hangers, while the 50% off items have a 50% off tag. She the proceeded to tell me that she worked with lawyers and that meant that she was right. I fail to see the correlation, but maybe it's because Forrest Gump is my intellectual superior.
After that it was drags drags drags, that I didn't get done before I had to run to catch my bus. Good thing I'm opening tomorrow. You know, after 8 hour shifts, 6 hours just flies by. It's better for my feet too; I have this massive bruise on my right foot, taking over my arch. Sort of hurts too. Well, I'm off; hopefully more people want to come to my party so it will actually be a party.

Ciao