Saturday, March 18, 2006

How does It Feel?


Thus spake Bob Dylan as I left Chapters tonight. I finally had my three month review today - which is nice - it means I'm no longer seasonal, a little bit more job security. It's nice to know that I'm considered an asset to the team and they appreciate me always having a smile on my face.
But, that's not why I'm writing.
So begins the adventures of Joya and Kim.
I wanted alcohol. Sounds funny doesn't it? I don't often partake, but it nice to have sometimes, so instead of going to Kelseys and paying five dollars for one drink, we decided to go to the liquor store to get a case of 4 coolers for only $9.99. Yep, that's right - no tax. Before that we rented Just Like Heaven. We then went to the 7-11 to get some chips or whatnot. While we were leaving the car to enter the store, I asked Joya where the movie was. She said she thought I had it. I said I thought she had taken it. We realized that we probably left the movie at Blockbusters after we paid for it. We were chatting with the guy about Canadian Tire money, so our minds weren't really focused. Joya decided to call Blockbusters, but we didn't know the dude's name who had helped us, all we knew was that he had dreads. So Joya calls and says, "Can I talk to the guy with the dreads?" Apparently he was the one who picked up. Joya: "We were in earlier, we were talking to you about Canadian Tire money"... Lane (the guy with the dreads) : "Yeah, your movie is still here". How stupid are we? We always do stupid things like that when we're together. I can't remember the details, but there was another incident at Blockbuster with Joya and I did something really dumb. She can probably remember more than I can. I almost called her, but I remembered she was going home to bed, so I'll just have to wait till I can report on it.
Well, I should start heading to bed. I work eight hours tomorrow (not so bad, since I have the rest of the week off for the play) but I have an 8 to 10 page paper on Matthew 20:1-16 due on Monday and all I've done is bookmark the section in the books I got out. But yeah for me for getting those books out!!!!

Ciao