Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Hurtin's on Me Now

Ok....ok. So.....promise you won't judge alright? I was invited by a friend of a friend to accompany them on a ladies night to the Whiskey. There was a limo involved, and I was really excited a) to get out of the house and b) to ride in a limo. What I didn't realize was that on Thursday's at the Whiskey was Ladies Night, and it wasn't just a girl's night out as I had originally thought. When I told Peter and Sharla my plans for the evening, they made reference to male stripping, but since the girls didn't tell me that was involved (a pretty crucial point I think) I just assumed it wasn't going to be going on whilst I was there. I was wrong.
Now I was still feeling pretty ill, so some of the evening wasn't really fun. Some was absolutley funny. Like the male "stripping", which wasn't very hot at all. They looked absolutely ridiculous, and the whole time I was wondering if they could take themselves seriously at all. So that was my Thursday night. Joya and I left early so while we were waiting for Graham to pick us up we waited at the pub - it wasn't as male-cougaresque and a wee bit quieter. Joya was in the midst of taking a picture of herself when a dude walked up, took the camera from her and said, I'll take a picture of you. Joya finally capitulated and I guess all was well until he said, "Like you love me now!". Poor Joya. But wait, that's not the end. He decided he wanted to take a picture of both of us so he backs up and says, "Ok, now picture me naked". Flash, the picture is taken. When Joya and I looked at the picture our faces were awash of part revulsion, shock and "what the deuce do I do?" Then we went home. Oh, did I mention I have $150 dollars worth of gift certificates for drinks there? Well I do.

Well, it's going to be a very busy 2 weeks.
20 page paper due Thursday, I've barely started
A 10 page paper due Monday, I keep forgetting to get the library books out I need. Tomorrow Kim!!!
Then next week is Tech Week for Busybody. Or is it hell week? I'll never know.
After that is just one week before my show. It's invite only. Why? It's the first time I've allowed anyone other than a professor to read something I've written, much less directed it. I need people to understand that this is as much a learning project for me to write and direct, but also to let things go and realize that not everything I write/choose will please everyone. I am going to invite everyone I think will understand that. Just about everyone who reads this blog (and others) will probably get an invite, I just wanted you all to understand my reasonings for such.
That is all.

Ciao