Sunday, January 29, 2006

You All Everybody

I want to go to England. I watched a documentary on Stonehenge today, and it just strengthened my desire. I need to add that to my death day list.
I looked up "wunderkind" in the dictionary today. I had never heard of it until listening to the soundtrack to the Chronicles of Narnia. It's a title of a song by Alanis Morrisette, and I saw the word in We Need To Talk About Kevin. Here's what it means: "1. A child prodigy; 2. A person of remarkable talent or ability who achieves great success or acclaim at an early age".
Speaking of We Need to Talk About Kevin, I highly recommend it. I think the last time I cried reading a book was in public school when I read Where the Red Fern Grows. I didn't cry at the end of Kevin, but my eyes moistened, and I was really messed up for awhile afterward; even though I knew what was going to happen, knowing I was right was something else.
I was thinking of adding something to my blog - a book list/review of sorts, but I don't know. I'll have to think about it.
Ok, I have to admit, I like Rebecca St. James song on the Narnia soundtrack.
This is not a dream that I'm living
This is just a world of Your own
You took me from all that I knew
Shown me how it feels to hope
With You with me, facing tomorrow together
I can learn to fly
Feels like I'm living in the lion's mouth, but the lion is (an angel)

Ciao

Edit - well it didn't take me long to decide. My "book blog" is here!