Sunday, November 27, 2005

But I've Been to Oklahoma

So. Our first snow. I really should have better prepared, seeing as how we were due, but no, I played the fool, rejecting the thought that I'd need a hat and mitts.
On another note, I worked an 8-hour shift yesterday. It'd been a long time since I worked one of those. When I started getting problems with my feet, I asked (At CG) to only work a max of 6 hours. My feet couldn't take anymore. I managed those 8 hours, but I was in absolute agony at times. Oy.
So, on to my book list. I finished The Devil's Teardrop. What a twist. I always recommend Jeffrey Deaver, but he does swear sometimes - his earlier work seems to have more swears than his later ones. I also finished The Penelopiad. I finished it in a day. It's so short. It was alright though. Not what I was expecting, but still pretty good. Next on the checked-off list is Children of the Day. Now that was a wierd book. No quotation marks when people were talking, so it was hard to follow at times. There was also some parts were I felt awkward reading, but they were basically few and far between. It was a good drama, however, and it even mentions Steinbach - I've been there! Now I'm on Deception Point and it's absolutely amazing. He's better at the twists than Jeffrey Deaver I think. (But don't tell Deanna I said so). Last night I bought Memoirs of a Geisha for $10.99, so I'll be reading that after Wicked and before Memoirs of Cleopatra.

Ciao