Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Watch the Night Go Up in Smoke

Jessica Simpson has fired back at Christian critics who have blasted her raunchy new video "These Boots Are Made For Walking" for being too sexy, insisting they should be more accepting. Members of Christian group The Resistance have publicly blasted pastors daughter Simpson for appearing like "a stripper" in the video wearing the skimpiest of bikinis and washing the Dukes of Hazzard's famous General Lee car. But the singer-turned-actress has hit back, stating the narrow-minded comments are exactly the reason why she gave up a career as a Christian singer when she was making her big break. She says, "It didn't really surprise me because I grew up with a lot of that backlash. That's why I didn't end up going into the Christian music industry. I think that if they're really good Christians the judgment wouldn't be there."

(imdb.com)

Is it me, or is there something seriously wrong here?

Ciao