Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Dreams Aren't What They Used To Be

I can't believe I'm researching plants. I don't know where I get it from. My mom is such a non green thumb, yet I love it. Donna gave me a plant on Sunday - and I'm looking as to what it is so I know what to expect (believe it or not, mom has a fake one just like it). The newest plant I got is a ZZ Plant, or a Zamioculcas. I got it at Ikea yesterday. Turns out it's from Zanzibar and Tanzania, and it's pretty uncommon. Yet, I got it at.....Ikea. Wierd.

On a brief sidenote: "We could go to Zanzibar, with all the Zanzibarbarians." If you can tell me where that's from, you're all good in my books!

Well this ZZ Plant can go up to 2 weeks without being watered. Apparently, it's got tube-like roots similar to the potato plant that holds water. And the leaves hold water as well. Perhaps that's where they get their glossy look to it.
On a different topic, I have an interview at 2:30 today. Hopefully it goes well; and I'll get a definite answer as to what I'm supposed to be doing.

Ciao