Thursday, January 19, 2006

And The Man in the Back Said, "Everyone Attack!"

I think I'm maudlin. It could be because I've been horribly sick for the past few days, and thanks to Janet and Mara for being shoulders to cry on! It could be that I just watched Must Love Dogs and every single girl in the wide world feels this way when it ends up happy for the couple in question. We're glad it happened, because we've been rooting for them, but very unglad that it didn't happen to us!
When I (rarely) talk to people back home, they always ask me, "so is there someone special in your life?" I know they're just curious, and will be happy for me either way, but it just reminds me that I haven't even "crushed" on anyone for three years. For three long years, there has not been one single guy that held my interest long enough to even have a juvenile, immature feeling for them. Good grief Charlie Brown! Sometimes I like that - you know, I'm not prone to flights of fancy (which makes me grounded, yes?) Other times, however, I just want to have those cute feelings. You know what I'd like most? Falling in love with someone in the spring time. It's my favourite season (except for the melting snow, so really gross floors in Walmart); everything is starting new, everything smells fresh.
On a better note, I have a semi-idea for a "story/novel". I think it might be fun to write. Finally, I can write what I know!

Ciao