Monday, January 16, 2006

Waiting for the Fourth of July

Oy, quelle something. My chair is ripped. I think I almost had a heart attack when I found that out. It's really the smallest little thing, but I get all anal about such things. Well, I guess the reaction pales in comparision to when I was talking on the phone to Scott and I saw a spider crawling toward me. By the time it was over, Scott was asking if I was alright, and it took me awhile to catch my breath. I think I might need to work on that. I was thinking the other day of all the things I was afraid of, and it was quite the list. Dolls, clowns, nomes, spiders, and the list goes on.
The other day at work, I was helping someone find a writer's reference book, and I came across something rather odd. I can't remember the entire sentence, but a book stated their book could help others "write good english". What the deuce? I read that and started laughing. I mean, I can by no means call myself the perfect grammaritan - case in point, I don't even think that's a word - but a book claiming to be The Writer's Manuel or something to that jib, should write a proper sentence on the back of the book! Way to instill confidence folks!
This Christmas season is now dubbed the season of car accidents. Three people that I know have been affected first hand by a vehicular accident. It's wierd.
Well my wrist skin hurts. Perhaps next time I duct tape myself to another person for an excercise in Acting and Scene Study, I should try using actual duct tape - as opposed to duck tape. It might help.
Ciao