Friday, April 14, 2006

Being Mighty All Day Long

Confession: During the past two days I have watched about 12 episodes of Xena: Warrior Princess. I know! I know! But it's a guilty pleasure that I like to endulge in from time to time.
So there's this song from the Shrek 2 soundtrack - I think it's covered by a band called Butterfly Boucher, or something like that. It goes something like this (I realize there's no music, but if you know me you can picture me "singing" this) Ch-ch-changes makes us strangers . . . Well I don't know about the strangers things but there's some crazy changes going on in my life. Crazy like a fox!
Change #1 I have resigned from my job at Chapters. Not an easy decision because I love it so. It was a necessary move however, as I got a job at the Foothealth Clinic that guarantees me for 30-40 hours a week, as well as other perks.
Change #2 Kristin, Jordan and I are going to be roommates. Now we're still looking for a place (I'm actually heading over tomorrow to see one in Edgemont) I hope it works out, I like the neighbourhood AND it looks like it's just a 5 minute walk from Foothills Alliance. Not only that, but 5 minutes away from The Great Canadian Superstore, Dairy Queen, Pizza Hut, Quizno's, and well you get the drill. When I called the lady about it, she said they had 30 people checking out the place today, and if one of those chose the place she would call me and cancel my appointment for tomorrow. I was praying all day that this place would really work out, and when I got home, there was no phone call from her, so perhaps this is the one! Joya and I checked one out yesterday and the smell of smoke was so thick I don't think it would ever come out. So, if you read this between now and 10:00 tomorrow morning (well God is beyond time, so even after!) if you could pray that it will all work out that would be grand. Jordan's parents are coming out for graduation - bringing a truck - so it would be great if we had a place concrete by then so he could help us move at least the big stuff.
Well, I'm going to go - 7th Heaven is on!

'Nuff Said