Sunday, April 23, 2006

On Which You Used to Rely

Ok, third year is officially over. Grad banquet was last night, and it was so good. I mean, food wise. I always find speeches and the like so boring, but all I was hoping for was non-chinese food. I was really disappointed last year when that was the outcome.
Deanna has "moved out". She left a bunch of stuff that I'm expected to move when and if I move, so I'm not having a good time with that. Plus, the only thing she cleaned was her room. So that's what I'll be doing off and on.
I had internet and phone problems yesterday and today, and I finally figured out it was because I downgraded to Shaw hi-speed lite, and that makes your internet sluggish. Good to know. But I've got it all taken care of. I'm paying more, but at least I won't have to permanently put my phone on call-forwarding. It meant I had difficulties calling out, and when my mom called in, she could barely hear me, and there was a delay. Oh technology. Nothing else is new. Chapters has been confusing and frustrating me. When last I checked my schedule (a week ago yesterday), I was not to work at all this week - which is why I branched out to get another job). I went to the Andersons for Easter meal, and when I call to get my messages (at 8:30), Deanna says to me, "I thought you were closing". And I said, "no, I've been at the Andersons". She told me Chapters had called and I was to be working a 1-9:30 shift that day. I was confused. First of all I never work Sundays, and I had just checked the schedule and I wasn't on for the week. I let it go. Wednesday, I get a beep when I'm talking to my mom. Since our conversation was almost over, I let the machine take it. When I hung up and checked the message it was one of the managers calling to tell me I was supposed to be in work that night too. I was in the process of getting ready for a night out with Joya. I called back and told him what the schedule was and let him know of my confusion, and from what I understand, someone said they changed shifts with me and didn't let me know. Not cool. I'm still a little wary of going to work tomorrow because I don't want to be known as a sore quitter. I did offer to go into work on Wednesday, but I did say I had made plans. They didn't need me, but I gave them my cell number just in case. They didn't call, so I hope everything is sorted out. I'm not one of those people who just don't go into work! So I have two more shifts at Chapters (Monday and Friday) and I start my new job on Tuesday.
We still haven't found a place. I guess the one in Edgemont didn't really work out. On Friday, Jordan came over and we looked for a bunch more places. I hope we find a place soon. I don't like being in this limbo, and I know Kristin would like to know we have a place nailed down before she comes out (although she can always crash at my place - as of now I don't have a new roommate).
Alida is coming in a few weeks! I'm excited to have more than one person to hang out with! Good times. Well, I'm going to do something - don't know what!

'Nuff Said