Thursday, April 27, 2006

Stealin' Wheat and Barley and all the Other Grains

So it happened again! When I got home from work tonight there was a message from Chapters. Apparently I was supposed to work 2-1o:30 today - but it was scheduled in pen, so I don't know when it was scheduled, or why no one told me! Argle. But tomorrow is my last day. Kind of makes it bittersweet.
In another news...life next week couldn't be sweeter, nor could my shifts. I have the best shifts ever with Alida in town. I'm ever so happy about that. We can have a sleepover! I haven't had one of those since Christmas Eve, and Boxing Day. Let's hope we get more sleep than Christmas Eve. 3 on a double bed, and I'm sure all of us are sprawlers. Made for tense sleeping.
Hmm, what else? People have been coming by to see the place, so one night I had to sweep, mop, vacuum, dishes and tidy after I got back from hanging out with Joya. I wasn't happy. I was frustrated, swearing. I hate it when people are selfish and I'm the one to deal with it. Oh well, my landlord says she'll give me half my damage deposit back when a new girl moves in. All mine. It'll help if I need to make a damage deposit on a place. Which for now is non-existant. My eye's been twitching again lately. It's actually doing it right now.
Oh, I found out that for years I've been buying shoes that are too big for me. Because I have a square foot, I've had to get big shoes to make up for the width. I tried on some shoes at work today, and I'm an 8 1/2! That's a lot smaller than 10 and sometimes 11! I can't tell you how happy I am that my feet are not clownish. I know size 10 isn't big, and a lot of people have that size but what not a lot of people know is that my feet have miles of unfilled shoes because my toes cut off.
Is there anything else? Joya and I watched Benchwarmers the other day. We laughed, we didn't, we were grossed out by the 2, that's right 2 needless puke scenes. There were people that went in the theatre before us, and the girl saw a sign for Jack Black's new movie, Nacho Libre, and she asks (presumably) her mother, "what Nacho libber?" It was hard to not laugh. And then they were in the theatre with us, and we sat uber close to the screen so we wouldn't be near them. After the movie while I was waiting for Joya I heard her say, "That was the best movie ever! We are so getting it". Now, it was funny, but not "best movie ever" material.
Hmm, anything else? Not for now. That's been my life as of late. Work, sleep, cleaning, showing the house, and getting excited for Alida week.

'Nuff Said